Premier League 2020 – 2021 season preview
The 2020/21 season is almost upon us with the opening match of the campaign set to kick-off on Saturday 12th September, at 12:30 GMT in London. Neighbours Fulham and Arsenal will meet at Craven Cottage to bring the curtain up on what promises to be another exciting renewal of the most watched football league in the world. A competitive season is expected but which team will come out on top?
Premier League betting preview
Liverpool won the title in summer by a comfortable margin, leaving Manchester City and the chasing pack trailing in their wake. The Reds had won the Champions League the year before thanks to victory over Tottenham Hotspur in the final but lost out on league glory by the narrowest of margins to Man City. Pep Guardiola’s men went into the 2019/20 season looking to nail down three-in-a-row, but they barely laid a glove on the Reds who were streets ahead.
- Bet365 - SportGet up to £100 in bet creditsClaimNew customers only. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Such was Liverpool’s dominance of the English top tier last season, many football fans expect Jurgen Klopp to go on and seize control of the division, successfully defending their crown and going from strength to strength. If Liverpool do win the league, they shouldn’t get things all their own way this time. Man City are sure to come back stronger, Man Utd are improving, Chelsea have spent big in the summer transfer window, as have Everton, while Arsenal and Tottenham can only improve.
Premier League outright betting 2020 – 21
The traders got it wrong last year when pricing Man City as odds on favourites for the title, but it appears, they haven’t learnt their lesson and are sticking to their guns once more. The pre-season betting makes for interesting reading with all major bookmakers predicting another battle involving Man City and Liverpool. Bettors happy to oppose the Cityzens will find last season’s champions available at a decent price. If you look beyond the two market leaders there are some incredibly attractive odds on offer and that’s sure to catch the attention of value hunters.
The Premier League outright betting before a ball has been kicked this season has Manchester City nailed on as champions. Most bookies price the favourites at around the 8/11 mark but the guys at 888Sport set the bar and are offering a market best price of 4/5. That’s the best deal available at the time of writing so if you intend to back City you should do it with 888Sport.
- 888 - SportBet £10, get £30 in free bets+ £10 casino bonusClaimMinimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days • Wagering req. vary by game • Deposit methods, Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&C’s apply. 18+ be gambleaware.org
Liverpool are the pundit’s pick to regain their title, but the bookies are against them and those happy to have a pop at the Reds doing it again will enjoy the 9/4 offered by bet365. That seems to be the general feeling in the betting ring, but you won’t find a better quote than that at the time of writing and some firms are 15/8 on the same bet.
Looking further down the pecking order and that’s when things begin to get interesting. Chelsea are third in line but carry a cracking 11/1 price tag at William Hill who are head and shoulders above the rest at around the 9/1 mark. That seems like a fantastic bet and remember there are each-way terms of 1/3 the odds. Man Utd are seen as the fourth most likely winners at 20/1 with Arsenal a 33/1 play with bet365 and Tottenham as big as 60/1.
Finding value in the Premier League winner market
A dark horse for the season could be Everton at an astonishing 300/1. They have Carlo Ancelotti as manager and have been active in the summer transfer market, attracting top players. If they are able to make a strong start to the season and are amongst the frontrunners around the festive period, you would likely be able to cash out for a profit.
Alternative Premier League season betting markets
There are many other ways to bet on the Premier League outside of the winner market. A popular choice amongst football bettors is the top four market. With this bet your selection doesn’t have to win the trophy, just finish amongst the best four in the division, securing Champions League football for the following season. This type of betting market doesn’t work if you are supporting one of the favourites but there is value there if going for a plucky outsider.
Premier League top 4 finish
Writing off Man City and Liverpool for the top four betting as they have no value whatsoever, we find Chelsea are 1/2 at bet365 for a top four finish with Man Utd 8/15 in places. After that we get into decent prices as we are taking on the traders. Arsenal are 11/4 to return to the Champions League places, Spurs are 7/2 with William Hill and Wolves are 13/2 at the same bookie.
Turning our attentions to the opposite end of the table we take a look at the relegation betting which promises to be just as competitive as the race for the title, perhaps even more so if Man City do as the traders expect them to and run away with it.
The relegation market is headed by West Brom and Fulham who can both be backed at 11/10 to drop down into the Championship. It doesn’t matter where they finish as long as they end in the bottom three. Aston Villa only narrowly held onto their spot last season and are 2/1 at William Hill to take the plunge next spring. Others worth a mention here are Crystal Palace at 9/4, Burnley 7/2 and Brighton at 4/1. Leeds are picked to have a decent campaign but if you expect the Peacocks to have a short-lived stay in the top flight you can back them at 4/1 with William Hill to be relegated.
Alternative season betting markets
As well as the Premier League outright betting markets mentioned, there’s also to finish bottom of the league, top goal scorer, PFA player of the year, PFA young player of the year, first manager to be sacked of the new season, match bets, and plenty more besides. Ramp up your interest in the coming campaign with a bet on how you expect the season to unfold. A shrewd antepost bet will hold your interest for the entire campaign.
Once the season is underway we will have Premier League enhanced odds on our homepage throughout the season. The first selection of these can be seen just below:
- 888 - SportWest Bromwich 66/1 - Chelsea 6/1West Brom vs Chelsea - Premier League enhanced oddsClaimMax Bet £5 • £10 deposit using promo code 888ODDS • Free bets are granted within 72 hours and expires after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & full T&C’s apply
- William Hill - Sport50/1 - Son to score (mobile only offer)Spurs vs Newcastle - Premier League enhanced oddsClaimNew customers using EPS50. Mobile only. Applies to bets placed from 09:00 on 24 September 2020 until 14:00 on 27 September 2020. Max £1 bet at 50/1. Returns paid as 5 x £10 free bets (30 day expiry). Player & currency restrictions & terms apply.
- 888 - SportTottenham 6/1 - Newcastle 50/1Spurs vs Newcastle - Premier League enhanced oddsClaimMax Bet £5 • £10 deposit using promo code 888ODDS • Free bets are granted within 72 hours and expires after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & full T&C’s apply
- 888 - SportMan City 6/1 - Leicester 80/1Man City vs Leicester- Premier League enhanced oddsClaimMax Bet £5 • £10 deposit using promo code 888ODDS • Free bets are granted within 72 hours and expires after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & full T&C’s apply
- William Hill - Sport20/1 - Liverpool to score (mobile only offer)Liverpool vs Arsenal - Premier League enhanced oddsClaimNew customers using EPLP20. Mobile only. Applies to bets placed from 09:00 on 24 September 2020 until 20:15 on 28 September 2020. Max £1 bet at 20/1. Returns paid as 4 x £5 free bets (30 day expiry). Player & currency restrictions & terms apply.
- 888 - SportLiverpool 6/1 - Arsenal 40/1Liverpool vs Arsenal - Premier League enhanced oddsClaim
Whether you are betting for the match or the season, good luck with your selections!